There are no results for this content list.
The Assistant Editor is a volunteer position is reserved for first-year law students. In some circumstances, the OLR will make exceptions for interested second-year law students.
Assistant Editors are responsible for
• Researching primary and secondary source materials; and
• Locating materials referenced by authors to ensure that citations are accurate.
As an Assistant Editor, you can expect to
• Learn hard legal skills (research, writing, and critical thinking);
• Join a collegial team environment;
• Receive mentorship from upper-year law students;
• Attend OLR events, such as the Annual OLR Dinner and Symposium; and
• Network with the OLR’s alumni, who are now pillars of the Canadian legal profession.
While the OLR is a bilingual academic journal, we do not require our editors to be bilingual; the OLR seeks students who speak French, English, or both.
To apply, please submit your resume and a one-page cover letter describing
• Why you would be an ideal candidate for the Assistant Editor position; and
• Why you would like to join the OLR; and
• Whether you are bilingual to comfortably edit in French.
Please email your application package in one PDF format to the attention of Human Resources Manager, Mr. Cody Watson, at email@example.com before 4:00 pm on Friday, September 14, 2018.
Successful candidates will be contacted by Tuesday, September 18, 2018, and must attend training on Saturday, September 22, 2018.
Thank you for your interest and good luck!