Please view the following video, in addition to the information on this webpage, for information about the academic year 2021-2022's moot: https://youtu.be/6nvheD_J3D4
We will continue to run our world-class mooting program for 2021-22. At this time, not every moot competition has confirmed if their moot is in-person, or virtual. As we receive this information, we will update the list below.
Participating in a competitive moot can be one of the most rewarding experiences at law school. The Common Law Section offers a wide selection of moots covering different subject areas. While most moots test appellate advocacy skills, others require participants to demonstrate their abilities in trial, arbitration or other settings.
The moots in the upcoming 2021-2022 academic year are selected from the following list and will be announced during the moot information session. Budgetary restraints mean we may not participate in all of the listed moots every year: content is subject to change. Of note, you do not select a "moot course" during course selection. You must try out in September, and if you make it onto a team, in most cases, you must drop your January course.
ENGLISH MOOTS and BILINGUAL MOOTS
- CML3165J - Arnup Cup (Criminal law – Leading to Sopinka)
- CML3120J3 - Walsh Family Law Moot (Profs. Bakht and Gruben to send information in Fall)
- CML3120J4 - Julius Alexander Isaac Diversity Moot
- CML3120J5 - BowmanTax Moot
- CML3140J - Canadian Corporate/Securities Competition
- CML 3520 - Competition Law Moot
- CML3923J - Coupe Laskin/Laskin Moot (Constitutional/Administrative law)
- CML3120FA - Foreign Direct Investment Moot
- CML3120WP - ICC Mediation Competition - International Mediation Advocacy Competition
- CML3120J200 - ICC Criminal Law Moot
- CML3125J - National Aboriginal Law Moot: Kawaskimhon "Speaking With Knowledge"
- CML3142J2 - Harold G. Fox Intellectual Property Moot
- CML 3142W3 - Intellectual Property Advocacy: Copyright Policy-making Moot
- CML3142F100 - Oxford International Intellectual Property
- CML3922J - Tribunal-école international Philip C. Jessup/Philip C. Jessup International Moot (Public International law)
- CML3119D - Walsh Negotiation Competition in Family Law (Prof. Rockman to send information in Fall)
- CML3128W - Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot
- CML3132J - Willms & Shier Environmental Law Moot
- CML3127J - Wilson Moot Competition (Equality s. 15)
- CML3139J - WTO/ELSA WTO Law Moot
- CML3514J - Concours Charles-Rousseau (Droit international public)
- CML3515J - Coupe Guy-Guérin (Droit pénal (Arnup, mais en français) – conduisant à Sopinka
- CML3520 HA - Concours Michel Bastarache (Droits linguistiques)
- CML3520 - Droit de la Concurrence
- CML3524J - Tribunal-école Moncton-Ottawa (Droit privé)