The Faculty of Law, Common Law Section has many admission scholarships that are exclusively offered to prospective Common Law students. Most admission scholarships and bursaries for the English JD program have an application deadline, please consult the Important dates.
Some admission scholarships are awarded on a financial need basis and/or merit based or other criteria. There are three categories of admission scholarships:
- Admission Scholarships – English JD Program (consult the application deadline)
- Admission Scholarships – Specific Application (deadline: ongoing)
- Admission Scholarships – No Application (deadline: no deadline)
If you are offered an admission scholarship you will be notified by the Faculty.
Admission Scholarships – English JD Program
To be considered for the scholarships listed below, you must complete a single application for the following bursary: “Admission Bursary – English JD Program (99950)”.
- Arnon Corporation Entrance Scholarship
- Bruce Feldthusen Scholarship (OTSS)
- Cara/Michael Syron Scholarship for the encouragement of entrepreneurial excellence (OSOTF)
- Catherine Helen MacLean Memorial Entrance Bursary (OSOTF)
- Class of Common Law 1963 Scholarship
- Class of 1969 Entrance Scholarship
- Class of 1978 Entrance Scholarship (FAÉO)
- Dawn Divola Scholarship (OTSS)
- Doug and Kathleen Keller-Hobson LL.B. Entrance Scholarship (OSOTF)
- Edward and Olga Backhouse Entrance Scholarship (OSOTF)
- Jay S. Hennick Business and Community Leadership Program Scholarship (OSOTF)
- Len and Maureen D'Silva Law School Entrance Scholarship (OTSS)
- MacNeil Family Entrance Scholarship in Common Law
- Marcel Hamelin Entrance Scholarship
- Marjorie Linden Scholarship (OTSS)
- McDermott Family Scholarship (OTSS)
- Miller Thomson LLP National Entrance Scholarship
- Nancy and Constance Backhouse Scholarship (OSOTF)
- Robert Pitfield Entrance Scholarship (OSOTF)
- Robert F. Reid Scholarship (OTSS)
- Tsampalieros Family Entrance Scholarship
- Waterloo Law Association Entrance Scholarship
- Wildeboer-Dellelce Entrance Scholarship (OSOTF)
Admissions Scholarships – Specific Application
To be considered for the scholarships listed below, you must complete a tailored application for each scholarship under Online Scholarships and Bursaries, on your uoZone account under the Applications tab.
- Canadian Muslim Network Arar-Mazigh Entrance Scholarship (OTSS)
- El-Aggan Family Scholarship for Muslims (OTSS)
- Frederick Cogan Q.C. Entrance Scholarship in Common Law
- LeBreton-Holmes Memorial Scholarship (OSOTF)
Admission Scholarships – No Application
The following admission scholarships do not require an application. All eligible prospective Common Law students will be considered.