What tools can be accessed in the uoZone student portal?
These applications can be accessed in the uoZone Applications tab:
- Online Scholarships and Bursaries
- Work-Study Navigator
- Financial Questionnaire
- Financial Aid
Certain information related to your Financial Aid can also be found directly in your Student Center.
I have just been admitted for the Common law program, where can I get information on scholarships and bursaries?
- You can view a list of all the scholarships that are offered to common law students.
- To view a complete list of all scholarships that are offered to every student at the University of Ottawa or to verify your eligibility or the requirements to be met to receive a scholarship, click on Online Scholarships and Bursaries on the uoZone Applications tab.
How do I prepare and apply for a scholarship or bursary application?
- All applications are done online. Click on Online Scholarships and Bursaries on the uoZone Applications tab.
- For further information, please visit the Financial Aid and Bursaries' website.
What is the difference between a scholarship and a bursary?
- Scholarships are awarded for scholastic achievement. Bursaries are awarded on the basis of financial need, and may also include additional criteria such as community involvement, academic achievement etc.
Does the Faculty of Law offer emergency loans?
- The Faculty of Law does not offer emergency loans. However, if you have applied for government financial aid and are waiting for your loan certificate and/or bursary cheque to arrive, you may be eligible to apply to the central Financial Aid Office for an emergency loan to go towards books, food or rent. You must contact the Financial Aid and Awards Service.