The University of Ottawa, Faculty of Common Law is a vibrant and diverse academic environment. To ensure that the student body represents the fullest possible range of social, economic, ethnic and cultural perspectives in our society.
We consider many factors including:
- significant achievements in extracurricular activities while at university or in community involvement;
- outstanding qualities or achievements in previous careers;
- linguistic, cultural or other factors that add to an applicant’s overall academic achievement; and
- personal success in overcoming challenges such as a disability or financial hardship.
Any information provided will be considered in a manner consistent with the Ontario Human Rights Code.
There are 4 applicant categories
Each category has specific criteria and a process for applying or special circumstances relevant to an application.
When applying for admission,general applicants must have completed at least three years of undergraduate studies (having completed 90 credits or 30 half-courses) prior to beginning law school. Students are strongly encouraged to complete their undergraduate program of studies in full prior to beginning law school.
We require that the following be sent to OLSAS directly
- A personal statement, outlining significant achievements in extracurricular activities and community involvement while attending university; outstanding qualities or achievements in previous careers; linguistic, cultural or other factors that add to an applicant's overall academic achievement; and personal success in overcoming challenges such as a disability or financial hardship. Any information provided will be considered in a manner consistent with the Ontario Human Rights Code.
- At least two reference forms, of which one must be academic. These reference letters should speak to your personal qualities, academic achievements and/or performance as a volunteer or employee.
- Official transcripts of all post-secondary studies.
We remind you that admission decisions cannot be appealed. Therefore, all decisions of the Admissions Committee are final.
Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org or 562-5800 ext. 3270.
Vous voulez faire vos études de common law en français,cliquez ici.