Eleven Common Law faculty members were formally recognized at the University of Ottawa’s Reception in Celebration of Excellence in Research and Education on November 28, 2017.
The yearly reception celebrates the University’s award-winning researchers and teachers across all faculties. Among the honourees for 2017 were the following:
- Natasha Bakht – International Women's Day Ottawa Femmy Award
- Denis Boivin – Order of Merit, L'Association des juristes d'expression française de l'Ontario (AJEFO)
- Jennifer Bond – Order of Ontario
- Larry Chartrand – Law Society Medal, Law Society of Upper Canada
- Pierre Foucher – Ordre de francophones d'Amérique, Conseil supérieur de la langue française
- Steven Hoffman – Ontario Early Researcher Award
- Martha Jackman – Fellow, Royal Society of Canada
- Ian Kerr – University of Ottawa Excellence in Education Prize
- Ian Kerr – Renewal of Canada Research Chair in Ethics, Law and Technology
- Tracey Lindberg – University Research Chair in Indigenous Laws and Legal Orders
- Errol Mendes – Order of Ontario
- Teresa Scassa – Tier 1 Canada Research Chair in Information Law and Policy
Congratulations to each of the 2017 honourees. The Common Law Section is proud to be associated with all of you!