Welcome to your Community for Life
There are over 9,000 Common Law alumni around the world. Some are just beginning their careers, while others are enjoying a lovely retirement.
Many of you work as lawyers in private and public practice, while some choose a different path, including working in business, governments, tech, international organizations, and the not-for-profit sector. These alumni include Supreme Court judges, cabinet ministers, premiers, activists, senior public servants, entrepreneurs, business leaders, leaders of the bar, Stanley Cup champions, community leaders, and indigenous leaders.
Wherever your path takes you, your law school wants to continue in helping you succeed by providing tools and opportunities for professional development and networking, while also encouraging you to participate in initiatives that assist current and future students.
As part of our alumni community, you can:
- Teach a course at the Law School
- Utilize the Ian G. Scott Courtroom, our fully-functional courtroom, at a discounted rate
- Coach or judge a moot
- Become a mentor through one of our mentorship programs
- Sign-up for free continuing professional development
- Volunteer (Homecoming, Advisory Boards, etc.)
- Gain access to Toronto Regional Advisor for advice and guidance (Toronto only)
- Hire a summer or articling student at your workplace
- Hire a graduate for articling at your workplace
- Receive discounts, benefits, and travel through uOttawa’s alumni email@example.com
To learn more about any of these initiatives, or to share your news and stories, please email firstname.lastname@example.org