Please ensure you have familiarized yourself with the course components and course descriptions found on our Legal Aid Clinic Courses page.
- Students entering their 2nd or 3rd year of common law, including the Programme de droit canadien
- National Program students (i.e. students with a civil law degree who are enrolled in the common law program)
- Joint program students who are able to add the 6-credit Introductory Legal Aid Clinic course to their schedules
- Application for Introductory Legal Aid Clinic Course Form (compatible with Internet Explorer and Google Chrome);
- Cover letter indicating your top three choices of which division or Joint Placement you wish to work in (note there is no guarantee you will get your first choice). For a description of the divisions and Joint Placement Program please see Our Divisions and Joint Placements.
- Unofficial law school grade report.
The University of Ottawa Community Legal Clinic
17 Copernicus St.
Ottawa ON K1N 6N5
Or by fax at (613) 562-5602
Or by email at uoclc@uOttawa.ca
Deadline for submitting completed applications: Friday, June 29, 2018, 5:00pm.
Interviews will be conducted for joint placements.
Students applying for this course must select an alternate course. Once all applicants are selected, the professor will inform the candidates as well as the Academic Affairs Office in order for the student to register in the course and drop the alternate course. For further information contact the Clinic at 613-562-5600.