The Ottawa Law Review (OLR) is seeking Assistant Editors for the 2017/2018 academic year. Assistant Editor positions are reserved for first year law students.
Assistant Editors’ responsibilities include:
- Researching primary and secondary source materials; and
- Locating materials referenced by authors to ensure that citations are accurate.
As an Assistant Editor, you can expect to:
- Learn hard legal skills (including research, writing, and critical thinking);
- Join a collegial team environment;
- Be mentored by upper year law students;
- Attend numerous events, like our Annual Dinner and Symposium; and
- Network with the OLR’s alumni, who are now pillars of the Canadian legal profession.
To apply, please submit your resume and a one-page cover letter describing:
- Why you would be an ideal candidate for the Assistant Editor position; and
- Why you would like to join the OLR.
Successful candidates will be contacted on September 19, 2017.
Thank you and good luck!