Do you know a uOttawa Common Law graduate whose excellence in their field and commitment to their community should be recognized by induction into the Common Law Honour Society? Established in 2003, the Common Law Honour Society is our most prestigious alumni distinction.
We choose two or three nominated graduates each year for induction into the Honour Society. These outstanding alumni have used their legal education as a foundation for the achievement of great success in their chosen professions, and/or made a significant contribution to the community or to the advancement of the law school. We also choose one alumna or alumnus who has achieved notable success within his or her first 10 years after graduation.
To nominate a uOttawa Common Law graduate, please submit the following information:
- A primary nomination letter describing the nominee’s professional accomplishments and contributions to the law school community or to the community at large.
- At least three letters of support not written by the original nominator.
- A current biography of the nominee (limited to three pages).
- A current curriculum vitae of the nominee.
- Any other supporting documents deemed noteworthy to the nomination (news clippings, testimonials, etc.).
To be considered for induction in 2017, nominations must be received no later than April 28, 2017. The Common Law Honour Society Selection Committee will consider all nominations. Final recommendations will be made in June, and all recipients notified shortly thereafter. Honour Society inductees will be invited to attend the Orientation luncheon in September 2017, to receive their award and address first-year students of the Common Law Section.
To submit a nomination for 2017, please fill out the nomination form.
For more information, contact:
Communications and Events Management Officer
613-562-5800, ext. 3420